In Pakistan, Kahwa is mostly consumed in Northern part of the country where the temperature dips below zero degrees towards the end of the year and dry fruit, meat dishes and hot drinks help people get through the winters.
Green tea of Kahwa comes from China and some areas in Afghanistan. In 1980s lot of Afghanis migrating to Pakistani setup restaurants in different parts of the country and along Great Trunk Road connecting Peshawar with Karachi. Kahwa became a standard drink after dinner as it helps with digestion.
Here is a quick recipe for making great Kahwa
1. Boil water in a saucepan and add two cracked cardamoms once the water starts boiling.
2. Add sugar to the mix
3. Add half a teaspoon full of loose Kahwa leaves.
4. Let the water boil for twenty seconds before turning the stove off
5. Cover the pan for around three minutes.
6. Enjoy the Kahwa with a bit of lemon.
Benefits of green tea
- Help lose weight
- Help with digestion
- Hels built immunity against common colds and flu